The Johnson Menopause Method™ is a better option than the current “standard of care” menopause treatments. Not treating menopause leads to an increased risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes and colon cancer. Multiple clinical studies have shown Prempro ®, still a commonly prescribed hormone therapy, is linked to an increased risk of breast cancer, heart disease, strokes, blood clots, incontinence and dementia. All estrogens carry risks but risks associated with topical bioidentical hormones are fewer. Compounded bioidentical hormones are not required to meet FDA standards for quality or efficacy; therefore, the need to use pharmaceutical bioidentical hormones.Over 28 years of clinical practice managing 100,000 female patient visits, Dr. Marina Johnson, a board-certified endocrinologist and former pharmacist, has developed a comprehensive program that reduces symptoms and health risks of menopause.Components of the Johnson Menopause Method™ include:
- Topical pharmaceutical bioidentical estradiol because it has a better safety profile than oral estrogen or estrogen injections
- Oral or vaginal pharmaceutical cyclic progesterone to protect against uterine cancer and monitoring with yearly transvaginal sonograms.
- Topical pharmaceutical testosterone therapy, when deficiencies are present, to modulate the effects of estradiol and to improve libido and muscle tone
- Highly sensitive blood assays of estradiol and testosterone for ongoing monitoring and dosage adjustment as needed to ensure therapeutic levels.
- Monitoring estrogen urine metabolites to enhance estrogen benefits and lessen estrogen risks.
- State-of-the-art screening and preventive care for heart disease and strokes, the number one and two causes of death in American women. This includes genetic testing and yearly carotid intima media thickness (CIMT) exams.
- Patient education that encourages active participation of the woman with her physician.
Dr. Johnson has patients from all over the United States who seek out her specialized approach to preventive medical health care including international clientele from 3 continents.