1 cup Raw, organic, cocoa powder*
1 cup Raw, organic, cocoa butter*
3⁄4 cup Full-fat coconut milk (Native ForestR has BPA-free can) 2/3 cup Raw, organic Yacon syrup**
2 tsp Lo Han sweetener***
1 tbsp Organic vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp Kosher salt, to taste
1 cup Unsweetened, organic shredded coconut (Let’s Do OrganicR)
2 cups Raw, organic, sprouted walnuts, finely-chopped*
* Can be purchased at https://www.bluemountainorganics.com ** Can be purchased at https://www.thrivemarket.com
***Can be purchased at http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium- purelo-lo-han-sweetener-monk-fruit-2-8-oz-80-grams-pwdr
Makes: 42 small truffles
1. Add water to a Dutch oven pot and bring to boil on stove top. Measure out cocoa butter into a large 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup. Place Pyrex cup into boiling water and turn down heat to low-medium. Cocoa butter will melt in about 10 minutes. After fully melted, mix in cocoa powder, Lo Han and then add coconut milk. Stir in the vanilla, salt and Yacon syrup. Blend well to dissolve any clumps. Add in the shredded coconut.
2. Scoop mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Stir with a spoon to break up the hardened spots and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to firm up further.
3. Form one-inch balls with your fingers and shape them in your palms. After making 10-12 balls, your hands will become very sticky with the mixture and you’ll need to wash your hands. This is the best time to roll each ball in the finely- chopped walnuts for a nutty coating.
4. Store in refrigerator in a covered glass dish until ready to enjoy!